Tuesday, May 7, 2013

YONANAS

This is going to be a little review and a small simple recipe for the Yonanas machine. 

Have you all seen these around for the last year or so?  I have wanted one for well over a year but I was just not sure at all if it would really stack up to a bowl of ice cream.  

I have seen a bunch of posts and recipes to take a frozen banana and blend it.  I tried it, let's just say it tasted like a frozen mashed banana.  

I even tried the frozen yogurt recipes that promised that it would taste like frozen yogurt that you get in the store.  For me that did not work either.

So need less to say, I was a little scared to put out 50 bucks on a machine that promises to make frozen fruit into ice cream.

Well I was so happy when this was under the tree this last Christmas.  I have not used it a bunch since it has not been warm enough for ice cream.  Now that it is getting warmer I have been putting a nice little treat on the table for us to share after a few dinners.  A Yonanas Banana Split.  YUMM!

What you have to do is freeze a ripe banana.  I suggest to do one over night or longer.  It seems when they are super frozen they work so much better.    You also can use any frozen fruit.  I have tried strawberries, peaches, and pineapple so far.  Oh and  mixed berry'sI use all natural fruit.  Nothing with any sugar. 

 Once your fruit is super frozen take out a portion and let sit out for at least 15 minutes to soften slightlyI go for at least 20 minutes for a frozen banana but not so long for other frozen fruit since it is smaller.  This is a little trial and error due to how warm your home is.  Warmer house less sit out time for small berries.

Then you feed the fruit into the top and push down with the plunger and out comes soft serve fruit ice cream that is just as creamy as Ice cream.  I always add an additional fruit to my banana so it tastes like the other flavor.  I tell you this stuff is amazing.

The large bowl that we shared was made with:

1 sliced banana at the bottom of the bowl

For the Ice Cream

1 1/2 frozen bananas

1 cup frozen pineapple

1 1/4 cup frozen strawberries

toppings

fat free cool whip.

Frozen Fruit Used

 
Soft serve being extracted.  Banana with Strawberries

This was the banana and pineapple.  I should have done this one first.

Placed over sliced banana and some toppings added

Fat Free Cool Whip added for the last touch.  I forgot a drizzle of chocolate.

        

I hope you  consider getting one of these for the summer.  It is totally worth the expense.  I am looking forward to eating banana ice cream at the pool this summer and not feeling guilty about the extra calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment