Friday, May 10, 2013

Open Faced Ham,Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich



I am always trying to find something different for breakfast.
This was easy and fast to make but looks like you took a ton of time to put it together.  It uses things that  most of us already have on hand which is always a plus in my book.

I used low fat or fat free items so It kept the recipe pretty much healthy.  I think if I was making this for myself I would have just made one slice, but this was for Hubbies breakfast.  This recipe Is HUSBAND APPROVED! I got a special phone call telling me how much he liked it.  He said it warmed up wonderfully.  I have found out If I get that morning phone call and nothing is said about breakfast that one is NOT a keeper.  This one is!

What you will need:
2 slices of low calorie bread 40-60 calories  per piece
2 Fat free slices of American Cheese 35 calories each
2 Whole Eggs
Light Blue Bonnet Spread
Low sodium ham, sliced thin.
Pepper
Spray Oil

Lightly spray pan with spray oil.  Butter bread lightly.  You only want enough to get a nice brown color on the bread.  Lay bread in pan butter side down over medium low heat.
  Place cheese on top of the bread




Place Ham on top of Cheese
In another pan, lightly sprayed with spray oil, crack a egg.  Once egg is set on bottom flip and cook for 1 minute longer or to desired wellness.  I try to cook only cook until set since I know it is going to be warmed the next day in the microwave for breakfast.  If I was serving this right away I would cook until over easy.
Once bread is brown on the bottom top it with the egg and remove from pan.
ENJOY!

Adapted From Paula Deen's Recipe Croque Madame found here:

    

No comments:

Post a Comment