Friday, May 10, 2013

Italian Salad

I looked at a bunch of recipes for Italian Salads and really just could not find what I was looking for so I just put this together 
with all the tastes in my mind and it so worked.

It was so darn good!  I put the Olives on the side because my 14yr old does not like them.  Putting everything on the platter was a nice change.  Everyone took a serving (with 1 left over) and our bowls were not overloaded at all.  I am going to do more salads  like this in the future.

I served it with a avocado/buttermilk dressing.  I know not what you would most likely think of for a Italian salad but it worked. 

Needed Items
Lettuce (your choice)
1 Carrot
5 slices Salami
5 slices Pepperoni
1 oz Thin Sliced Ham
Red Onion
2 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
Green and Black Olives 

Construct as follows;

 Place lettuce on platter.  Use what you think you need for your number of servings.  We had 3.  This was enough for 4
 Grade almost 1 whole carrot.  This was a small carrot and I graded almost 3/4 of it.
 Cut 5 thin slices of Salami into strips as shown above.
Do the same for the Pepperoni
 Slice onion and separate around top of lettuce.
 Cut ham and mozzarella cheese  as you did the other two meats.  Place olives around the edges of the lettuce pile.

Everyone enjoyed this. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment